Police in Savannah, Ga., were searching Sunday for a gunman who opened fire at a crowded fair, wounding seven people.
The shooting happened Saturday night at the Coastal Empire Fairgrounds on Savannah's suburban south side.
Savannah-Chatham metro police officers at the fair had just cleared up an apparently unrelated fight near the rides when shots were fired nearby at about 10:40 p.m., the Savannah Morning News reported.
Nobody was killed but seven people were treated for gunshot wounds at area hospitals, Savannah-Chatham County police spokesman Julian Miller said Sunday.
"The place was packed," Miller said, according to the AP. "It was Saturday night at the fair, and that's a big night."
Officers worked through the night to clear the scene and to search for a gunman reported to be wearing a dark jumpsuit.
The motive for the shootings was not known. Several people were detained and questioned Saturday night, but all had been released by investigators, according to AP.
More content from NBCNews.com:
- NTSB probes helicopter crash that klilled 2 Atlanta police officers
- Nanny charged in stabbing deaths of two children on New York's Upper West Side
- New player jumps into state elections to push education overhaul
- NYC crime falls by one third in wake of superstorm Sandy
- 'Couple more days' for fuel shortage, Bloomberg says; 'free gas' offer triggers rush
- Despite constant bloodshed, Mexico is ignored during White House race
- Video: Marathon runners racing to help out Sandy victims